Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: New pictures in my album & Felicity questions

  1. #1
    Inactive Member beccachris's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2005
    Posts
    212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I added some new pictures to my album - so check them out:

    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2131967099

    I also wanted to ask some questions about the Felicity I have pictured in my album. I purchased her from ebay before Christmas. She has a body tag that says 1986 Pleasant Company, her shift is tagged 1993 Pleasant Company. Her eyes seem to be the same color bright green as my DD's AGOT she got for Christmas. I thought the early Felicity's had a slightly different eye color? Her lashes are soft and are reddish brown and she has 2 spit curls on each side of her face. Do you think it's possible she has the older body, but a new head? I love her either way, but I was just curious about the differences over the years in the Felicity dolls.

  2. #2
    Jane Hart
    Guest Jane Hart's Avatar

    Post

    I enjoyed your pictures.
    About Felicity...I am no expert, that's for sure...but to be honest she doesn't look like an 86. The older ones had different hair color, a lighter read I belive. But don't quote me on that!

  3. #3
    Jane Hart
    Guest Jane Hart's Avatar

    Post

    Oh...another thought! Felicity was a later addition! I don't know what year she was realised though, but 86 is when the original three were realised!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member beccachris's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2005
    Posts
    212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Alicia!

    I'm not sure either about the difference in the dolls over the years - I sure do like her though! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I'm saving her for my DD for Christmas this year - don't know if I can wait that long. Maybe Elizabeth (when she comes out) can be my doll. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member americangirlsrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Loved looking at your album! Unfortunately, I'm not much help with Felicity. I have a Felicity with a made in Germany '86 body tag, too, that I got from ebay. Her dress is tagged '93. So I have no idea what year she is from. It will be interesting to find out!

  6. #6
    Jane Hart
    Guest Jane Hart's Avatar

    Post

    I looked it up, Felicity was first released in 1991...so that means that your Felicity's tag was probably tampered with. Plus, I belive the '86 dolls have white body's, but I don't know if that applies to all.

  7. #7
    Jane Hart
    Guest Jane Hart's Avatar

    Post

    Oh, I forgot to tell you, I liked your "Molly" doll! I always see her on your avatar, but thought it was a different brand! I didn't even recognize her. Did you paint her lips?

    (Sorry, I keep commenting on your post!)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member beccachris's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2005
    Posts
    212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alicia,

    I think I read on another post that there were some Felicity dolls made prior to the release (I guess they stored them until the release date) and they had the 1986 tag even though that wasn't the year they were actually made. Kinda like a copyright date or something.

    Thanks for the compliment on Emma - I didn't rewig/repaint her - I bought her from GillyGals - she posts here on the board some. She did a great job!

  9. #9
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I believe Horsemom talked with a CS at AG, and she told her that there were, indeed, some Felicity dolls produced in the beginning. They were just a trial run, as they weren't introduced to the doll line until later.

    I also have a Felicty with a body that is tagged made in Germany and 1986. Her dress is tagged 1993. We also have a Felicity with no body tag, and a dress that is tagged made in Germany, 1986. The second one, we purchased new in 1993.

    I know for a fact that both of mine are pre-Mattel. I also have a post Mattel Felicity, and the differences are quite distinct. They aren't a whole lot different than the Mattel dolls, but the differences are there....

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Eyelashes that match her hair color means that she's probably PM. The PM face shape is also different than the new one, more rounded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •